A lot of talk about not needing Mitro..
(04-03-2020, 06:07 PM)Gandalf the White Wrote:
(04-03-2020, 08:14 AM)Mr B P Wrote: Tony Gale Talking about the Preston Game

Results are more important than performances at this stage of the season, so don’t expect to see great, entertaining football every week, as there will be occasions where we need to grind it out. It was a fairly even game of few clear-cut chances, so it was very pleasing that we were the ones to take ours.

I agree results are more important but at the same time I can't remember the last win we had where we didnt "grind it out."

Been saying this for weeks but I just want 1 game we play well and win easily... just 1 please...

Agree, Joka's teams had Performance behind
Their 'Wins. When Parker's teams 'win', there's
always a question mark over the next game?
Reply }}
(04-03-2020, 07:15 PM)rebel Wrote:
(04-03-2020, 06:07 PM)Gandalf the White Wrote:

Results are more important than performances at this stage of the season, so don’t expect to see great, entertaining football every week, as there will be occasions where we need to grind it out. It was a fairly even game of few clear-cut chances, so it was very pleasing that we were the ones to take ours.

I agree results are more important but at the same time I can't remember the last win we had where we didnt "grind it out."

Been saying this for weeks but I just want 1 game we play well and win easily... just 1 please...

Yes,a bit of a lottery,I must admit this championship has me a bit stumped in fact it seems a whole different game (nothing predictable) And if we are fortunate enough to be promoted whats the choice (due to recent experiences) keep a lottery orientated lucky team or (I'm being serious) a whole new club including the groundsman and matchday staff I have come to see the championship as been that much different !
God grant me the serenity to accept the things i cannot change.
Reply }}
(05-03-2020, 11:59 AM)putstreetney Wrote:
(04-03-2020, 06:07 PM)Gandalf the White Wrote:

Yes,a bit of a lottery,I must admit this championship has me a bit stumped in fact it seems a whole different game (nothing predictable) And if we are fortunate enough to be promoted whats the choice (due to recent experiences) keep a lottery orientated lucky team or (I'm being serious) a whole new club including the groundsman and matchday staff I have come to see the championship as been that much different !

If Parker has a chance to keep playing the same team for a while we may see an improvement, but everytime he tries to do that we get injuries.  Bryan is probably our most reliable player but he is now injured.  Cairney was injured, Mitrov was injured, Arter was injured Ream was injured so on.  I seem too remember during Joka run we hardly had any injuries. Parker has been very unlucky, Joka was very lucky.  I think Parker show signs of being the better manager if people would give him a chance.
http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/all-news

Khan must be told that not all mild mannered people are a super heroes.
Reply }}
(05-03-2020, 01:55 PM)Mr B P Wrote:
(04-03-2020, 06:07 PM)Gandalf the White Wrote:

If Parker has a chance to keep playing the same team for a while we may see an improvement, but everytime he tries to do that we get injuries.  Bryan is probably our most reliable player but he is now injured.  Cairney was injured, Mitrov was injured, Arter was injured Ream was injured so on.  I seem too remember during Joka run we hardly had any injuries. Parker has been very unlucky, Joka was very lucky.  I think Parker show signs of being the better manager if people would give him a chance.
That's not correct, he's made changes regardless of injuries. You just need to look at Liverpool as a template, Klopp only makes changes when he has too, more often then not he roles with the same team. That means that the players has a very good understanding where on the pitch there team-mates will be when attacking, when defending etc. 

You can only do that if the players build that understanding. We really have got that at the moment.
Reply }}
(05-03-2020, 04:47 PM)rebel Wrote:
(04-03-2020, 06:07 PM)Gandalf the White Wrote: I agree results are more important but at the same time I can't remember the last win we had where we didnt "grind it out."

That's not correct, he's made changes regardless of injuries. You just need to look at Liverpool as a template, Klopp only makes changes when he has too, more often then not he roles with the same team. That means that the players has a very good understanding where on the pitch there team-mates will be when attacking, when defending etc. 

You can only do that if the players build that understanding. We really have got that at the moment.
Fredericks, Targett and Sessegnon made a huge difference as well.

Reply }}
(05-03-2020, 06:29 PM)Mr B P Wrote:
(04-03-2020, 07:15 PM)rebel Wrote: Agree, Joka's teams had Performance behind

At least your not sitting on the fence, you've got all basis covered.  Big Grin
Reply }}
(06-03-2020, 10:46 AM)rebel Wrote:
(05-03-2020, 06:29 PM)Mr B P Wrote:
(05-03-2020, 11:59 AM)putstreetney Wrote: Yes,a bit of a lottery,I must admit this championship has me a bit stumped in fact it seems a whole different game (nothing predictable) And if we are fortunate enough to be promoted whats the choice (due to recent experiences) keep a lottery orientated lucky team or (I'm being serious) a whole new club including the groundsman and matchday staff I have come to see the championship as been that much different !

At least your not sitting on the fence, you've got all basis covered.  Big Grin

I am trying to give Parker a chance.  He has got us into a good position and we will not have to do Joka type miracles to get promoted.  The difficult run of games we are going into is really not difficult as we are the best team and just have to perform well.

Reply }}
Well he did fuck all today,waiting around for it to be put on a plate.he needs to put himself around more.
Reply }}
(08-03-2020, 01:02 AM)MR WHITE Wrote: Well he did fuck all today,waiting around for it to be put on a plate.he needs to put himself around more.

We played well today within the limitations of the Parker system. With a little more luck we could have won that game. Nobody has mentioned that Arter committed an obvious foul during the build up to Cairney's goal.

Reply }}
(08-03-2020, 01:02 AM)MR WHITE Wrote: Well he did fuck all today,waiting around for it to be put on a plate.he needs to put himself around more.

Yes, he does get isolated. The opposition
Managers team talk will be, 'I want 2/3 players
On Mitro as soon as Fulham cross the half way
Line.' They know we try to play through Mitro.
Once there are 2/3 players around him, we are
Lost as what to do. It's hit or miss if he can hold
The ball up. There was frustration over the free
Kick he took, I think Cairney was annoyed.
Reply }}